This house beside the river on the flat, was known as the Fulton Hotel. It was owned by Frank Fulton with Miss Sarah Gallagher as proprietress. It was destroyed by fire in 1924.
Civic Address: To the right of 5608 Highway 2
Joseph H. Starritt
Joseph H. Starritt and his wife, Mamie (Scott) Richardson purchased 1/2 an acre from Calvin Fulton on Sept. 8th, 1898. Shortly after that, the house in the left picture was built.
Civic Address: 5535 Highway 2
Dominion Chair Company Store & Office
In 1890, the present store was built. Edward Fulton became general manager of Union Furniture and Merchandise Company in 1902. He remained in that position until his death in 1912. During that time, 1903, the company name was changed to Dominion Chair Company Limited. The store and factory were under the same general management with the company’s office housed within the above building.
Edward Fulton was the compiler of “Bass River and Its Happy Homes”.
Civic Address: 5637 Highway 2
Dominion Chair Company Warehouse
This was the warehouse for the third factory of the Dominion Chair Company. It burned Dec. 31, 1909.
Capt. Edson Thompson
Capt. Edson Thompson owned this house in 1905. It later passed to his daughter, Hazel Thompson Fulton, and her husband, Harry Fulton.
Civic Address: 5539 Highway 2
In 1905, this house was owned by Reuben Starratt. It was built by his father, James, on land originally owned by Samuel Fulton, brother of Judge James. This house is believed to be the oldest standing house in the Bass River area as of 1987.
Civic Address: 440 Edgewood Road
J. R. Fulton
Burned in the 1930’s. New home built on the site.
Civic Address: 523 Maple Ave.
In 1905, this hotel was owned by Samuel Beckwith, who had placed the following advertisement: “This Hotel is situated in the finest part of Bass River. There is good accommodation for permanent and transient lodgers, with clean and neat rooms. The above building is heated with hot air. Terms moderate. Fine stabling on the premises.”
It burned in 1902 as a result of a fire which started in the attached barn.
Civic Address: Maple Ave. Approximately 90 meters from Dominion Chair Company Store