While not certain, we think this home was built prior to October 7, 1850. This is because on that date Deacon David gave his two sons David W. Fulton and John Brown Fulton one half of the farm which was his.
Deacon David Fulton
This house belonged to, and was lived in by, Ed Fisher. Mr. Fisher purchased the property from Rupert D. Fulton on November 1, 1902. The house was built sometime between this date and the publishing of “Bass River and its Happy Homes” in 1905.
The house was built between 1847 and 1857, likely by George Creelman. William Carr resided here until his death in 1899.
John Beveridge Fulton was married August 15, 1878 to Margaret Ellen Fulton. Shortly after the marriage Mr. Fulton built this house.
Built around 1880 by Jotham Creelman for the blacksmith Richard Hughes and his wife Martha. On December 18, 1891 Martha (at this point a widow), sold the property to James S. Creelman or Rupert Creelman. Rupert Creelman leaves the house to his wife Martha (a different Martha) in his last will and testament dated January 22, 1904.
Deacon David Fulton sold this property to his son Henry Fulton on January 8, 1847. The house pictured was built in time for Henry Fulton’s daughter Susan to be married in the house, to Samuel Robert Lewis, on October 4, 1875.
3360 Highway 2
Now known as the United Church, it was originally the Congregational Church. Built in 1894 by Charlie Beattie. Work started on it in 1882 but the frame blew down on December 14th of that same year. It was rebuilt and then burned down in 1894, before being replaced by the church pictured.